URGENTLY LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FROM EU COUNTRIES.
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 15 October 2017 to 15 July 2018
WHO WE ARE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s a small association placed in Terrassa (40 min from Barcelona) that works the interculturality and the peace culture by doing activities of non-formal education. In our daily work, we deal with youngsters in different ways: in one hand, we have some hours in the week dedicated exclusively to give information to youngsters from 13 to 30 years old, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, for volunteering, to work…). On the other hand, we are partners with the European network of Erasmus+, and so, we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for EVS, Youth exchanges and Training Courses. Moreover, we organize local projects related to interculturality.
WHICH KIND OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are searching for an EVS that give support promoting volunteerism as well as helping youngsters from the city to improve their English level:
– Giving support in the schools doing punctual activities in English: by the side of the english teachers, do some activities related to a topic, and giving conversation, in english.
– Doing English classes to teenagers: we want to offer english lessons for young people, some of them with less opportunities.
– Promoting Erasmus+ activities: planning and implementing activities in schools or local organizations to talk about your experience and volunteering.
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality, making activities to be visibles in the city.
We are looking for someone that is:
– Proactive, so that you can participate with new ideas for creating new activities that are beneficial for our association.
– Communicative, so even if we don’t speak the same language, we both make the effort to being comprehensive.
– Open-minded and easy to accustom to new conditions and challenges that EVSE will bring:
– Motivated for teaching English, and promoting your culture abroad.
– Having medium level of Spanish
– Skills of team work
– Interest in learning Catalan
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU
– Spanish and Catalan lessons during all the year (3h per week)
– There will be three more volunteers working near you, not with the same tasks neither in the same place, but you’ll be part of the same team.
– The possibility of knowing how an association works, and the change of learning a lot about Erasmus+ projects
WORKING PLACE: La Casa Baumann (Youth service) – Av. Jacquard, 1. 08222, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h/week
HOLIDAYS: 2 days per month (you can accumulate them).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a flat, with 3 other EVS volunteers from Slovakia, France and Italy.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.vibria.org